Create a centralized repository for all Drupal learning materials (video, audio, slideshows, documentation).
Objective: Create a centralized repository for all Drupal learning materials (video, audio, slideshows, documentation). This would include both Dojo branded content as well as materials aggregated from other sources. Provide an easy way to filter/recommend content.
- A way to tag site content as well as a way to mark off-site resources and create various listings. Basically an internal/external resources library. A way for someone looking for xyz info to get a list of all resources for it that have been tagged as such by the Dojo community.
- A means for users an easy way to filter/recommend content.
- Users will be able to create and share custom 'playlists'.
- A syndication service (RSS or RDF) that then can provide all this content in a format that can be used as the data source for other websites (e.g. the curriculum/moderated content use case)
Use cases and related efforts
- Drupal newsletter for news.drupal.org.
- Drupal Digest - Replace Drupal Planet and Drupal Talk with Drigg
- Drupal Dojo + drupal.org/videocasts = video.drupal.org? - Discussion of a potential solution
- Aggregation / Feed parsing Modules Comparison (it's a wiki!) - http://groups.drupal.org/node/3418
Aggregate feeds a la the Drupal Planet, and then we (or anyone with privileges) could assign videos to their correct location, could categorize them, possibly point them to handbook pages, or structure them in whatever way worked best.
- d.o. issue
- RSS & Aggregation (Drupal Group) - http://groups.drupal.org/rss-aggregation
Tutorials, screencasts, and howtos
- Setting up FeedAPI - http://drupal.org/node/326606
- Build an aggregation site with drupal
- Module Mashup: Creating a feed of embedded videos using emfield, feedapi, and feedapi_mapper
- FeedAPI, Feed element mapper and EM field
- FeedAPI + Flickr: Is there a guide? - http://groups.drupal.org/node/16799
- dtutorials - users can submit or write a Drupal tutorial
- DrupaLove.com - users can submit a Drupal video or theme
- GotDrupal.com - Drupal videos and tutorials; looks like all original content
- yadaDROP Drupal Videos and Tutorials - Drupal videos, drupal tutorials, and drupal screencasts. Organized by version, audience, and category.
- Drupal Video Planet - Zivtech's proof-of-concept project made to demonstrate how to create a section for a site that aggregates relevant videos from across the web.
- Mastering Drupal - Drupal videos and tutorials; looks like all original content from Growing Venture Solutions