Our goal is to a create a comprehensive guide to developing, implementing, and providing the Open Media platform. We will do this by capturing and creating training opportunities from the open development of the platform on actual stations.
Documentation and Training materials
We will produce a series of live webinars, screencasts, documentation, and other training materials on the following topics:
- About the Open Media Project
- Mission and Vision
- Background and History
- Who is using the Open Media Platform?
- Community Based Scheduling
- Equipment Reservations/MERCI
- Social Networking/Projects
- Video File Management
- Video Sharing
- Events (classes)
- How to answer RFPs
Open Source Code
Coding contributions and improvements will be made in the following areas.
- Open Media install profile - help ensure that the profile works out of the box
- Help remove module dependencies from TVFrame
- Finish Internationalization changes
- Finish adding categories for Buckets to user UI
- Notes on Reservations, Users and Equipment
- General code cleanup - Getting all of the functions cleaned up and correctly defined would help move that module forward.
- There is also a list a half implemented features on the MERCI project page.
Communication and Workflow
We will capture and document the actual development of a public access station website.
- We would openly manage the project on DrupalKata.com.
- Discussions will take place on the Open Media Project Drupal group.
- Manage code development on Drupal.org
- A development server would be set up to provide a means for students to collaborate on concepts and demos of Drupal modules, themes, and complete sites in a public forum.
- We would track the entire development through a combination of live webinars and on-site training sessions and workshops.
All materials provided as deliverables for this project will be available under a free distribution license (e.g., GPL, Creative Commons, BSD, etc.) and contributed to the following:
- Code will be available on drupal.org.
- Documentation and training curriculum on openmediaproject.org, drupal.org, etc.
- Captures of live webinars, workshops, and screencasts covering each phase of development.