Our goal is to a create a comprehensive guide to developing, implementing, and providing the Open Media platform. We will do this by capturing and creating training opportunities from the open development of the platform on actual stations.
What We'll Cover
- Community Based Scheduling
- Equipment Reservations/MERCI
- Social Networking/Projects
- Video File Management
- Video Sharing
- Events (classes)
- How to answer RFPs
Communication and Workflow
We will capture and document the actual development of a public access station website.
- We would openly manage the project on DrupalKata.com.
- A 'public' development server would be set up
- We would track the entire development through a combination of live webinars and on-site training sessions and workshops.
Documentation and Training materials
We will produce a series of live webinars, screencasts, documentation, and other training materials that provides hands on training from all aspects of developing, implementing, to providing the Open Media platform.
Open Source Code
Coding contributions and improvements will be made in the following areas.
All materials provided as deliverables for this project will be available under a free distribution license (e.g., GPL, Creative Commons, BSD, etc.) and contributed to the following:
- Code will be available on drupal.org.
- Documentation and training curriculum on openmediaproject.org, drupal.org, etc.
- Captures of live webinars, workshops, and screencasts covering each phase of development.